I tried to avoid making a boring list including things like “my favorite food is…” or “I love ____ movies…”. Instead, I hope this is an interesting list of things you did not previously know about me!
1. I am made up of almost all recessive traits. Yes, most of these you can see by just looking at me including: red hair, blue eyes, and freckles. I am also left-handed! I am a poster child for recessive genes.
2. I am a foodie thanks to Chase. My mantra for life is to always try new things (including food). I have tried everything from crickets to sea urchins. One of my favorite foods is sushi, especially sashimi like smoked salmon. Why make food boring when it’s something you have three times a day every day for your life!
3. I am Type A to the max. Yes, I can still cut loose and have fun. No, you will never have to move trash or items out of the passenger seat of my car to sit down. I live by my planner and the thought of losing it strikes fear. That’s where I write down everything I need to do and don’t know how some people get by without one.
4. I have a serious case of wanderlust. This is something most people know about me, but I love learning about the world even while I’m at home. I love Anthony Bourdain’s series Parts Unknown and watching YouTube travel vlogs from bloggers like Mimi Ikonn. Anyone who has been to my apartment has seen several maps plastered on my walls with pins of places I have been and lists of places that I want to go. This world we live in is too vast and full of too many interesting people to stay confined in a bubble.
5. I am the ultimate city girl. I claim Fort Worth because I was born here and my family moved back when I was in middle school but I actually grew up in a small town called San Angelo, Texas. Now, I can’t imagine living outside of a metroplex like DFW. Don’t get me wrong, I would enjoy camping or visiting a small town for a weekend but I thrive off of meeting new people. To each their own, but I love the energy a city carries and how there is always something to do.
6. I used to hate having red hair but now you couldn’t pay me to change it. The truth is, redhead kids get bullied a lot growing up just for being different! I plan on writing a blog post about this experience soon.
7. I am obsessed with Pinterest. I love all things creative including: crafting, photography and fashion. I could spend hours pinning ideas that I love and hopefully try one day.
8. I am super competitive, but not in the way that most people think. I’m not really into sports to be honest. I’m always competing against myself. I know that may sound silly to some people but if I don’t reach a goal I’m really hard on myself. The reason I get such good grades is because I know what I’m capable of.
9. I love coffee. I remember trying coffee in high school and almost spitting it out on the kitchen counter. Now, I can’t make it to my internship on time without it. I’ve gotten to the point where I can drink my coffee black but I prefer some cream and sugar. It also bothers me when people tell me it’s bad for you. I bite my tongue so I don’t scream “Well, that diet coke and cheeseburger you’re eating aren’t good for you either!”. Let people drink their coffee in peace, please.
10. I am ecstatic about starting this blog! For those of you who read my first blog post, you already know that I have wanted to start one for years. I am so glad I finally did and fully intend on making it the best I can.
Thanks for reading! Anything you didn’t expect? What are some fun facts about you?